Do You Have Mold In Your Independence Home?

We know that one of the most common things people worry about going unseen in their homes is mold. As mold remediation specialists, we know that there are many concerns for homeowners that surround mold detection. While the majority of Americans know that mold can be toxic, they are not sure exactly how they can detect it. If you are curious how you can better keep your family safe and know that your home is being infiltrated by harmful mold, we can help. Below are just a few signs that you may have a mold problem in your home.

The Smell Of Mold

The most obvious sign that you have mold growing inside your home is a very obvious smell. You can often tell if this smell exists simply by entering your home after being outside in the fresh air. While you may not know exactly what mold smells like, it’s not as difficult to identify as you might imagine. When there is mold on the exterior of your home, it often smells stale. On the other hand, if you have mold on the inside of your home, it is going to smell damp and musty. While you might want to ignore this smell and simply eliminate it by lighting candles or spraying Febreeze, this is not a smart choice. You need to hire professionals to take care of it before it becomes a serious problem.

Growth You Can See

This may seem extremely obvious, but seeing mold is the best way to identify that it exists. However, a little mold in the bathtub isn’t what we are talking about. Seeing even the tiniest bit of mold is a sign that there may be much more where you cannot see it. This is the mold you should be worried about.

Water Leaks

If you have had leaks in your home or you currently have one, this is a pretty obvious sign that mold exists. Whether it was due to a leaking pipe or a crack in your roof, if moisture is being produced, mold can thrive.

Bad Health

Black mold is known for causing a good amount of damage to human bodies due to the mycotoxins that it contains. These can affect the skin, respiratory system and more, making this mold extremely dangerous. If you or others in your home are showing the following symptoms, you may have black mold in your home:

  • Respiratory problems
  • Hemorrhage
  • Tiredness
  • Nausea
  • Irritation of the mucus membranes
  • Skin Inflammation
  • Mental impairment

Call All Clear For Mold Remediation Services Today

If you think you may be experiencing a number of the common signs that you have mold in your home, it may be time to call the experts at All Clear Restoration today. We can easily identify you do have a mold problem and then offer you up with a solution.We will test your home and see if the smells and more are actually the symptoms you think they are. If so, we will get the mold out of your house once and for all. Contact us today to learn more about our mold remediation services.